This Design and Build a Rube Goldberg activity also includes:
Let's see how complicated we can make this simple task. The last activity associated with a 10-part series has groups design and build a Rube Goldberg machine. Teams determine a simple task to accomplish and use the engineering design process to design a compound machine to do the task. Teams then demonstrates their machines.
- Use the worksheet before starting the activity and after the lesson
- Create a design process document to have the groups fill out and submit before the building stage of the activity
- The class should understand simple and compound machines
- The resource provides a suggested materials list
- Includes pre-activity, during activity, and post-activity assessments
- The plan does not say when to use the included worksheet