Do you know how to change the density of water? Show your class using a video that explains what density is and how to calculate it. Then, it goes into the units we use to measure density and how temperature impacts it. Finally, it discusses how solutes can change density.
- Review metric units prior to the video
- Mix together oil and water and observe what happens when you let it rest
- Relies on prior knowledge of mass and volume
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Requires very little class time
- Simple graphics enhance the concepts