With a human population of 7.6 billion and counting, how do we tackle the population problem? Examine the data using a video from an extensive science playlist. The resource explains why the human population began to increase rapidly, factors that affect population growth, and which countries contribute the most to our growing population.
- Dig deeper into population growth by following up with a BBC population growth documentary
- Have the class talk with older family members or neighbors about the number of children in their families to provide real-world context to the lesson
- Take a moment to discuss developing nations with the class so they understand the terminology
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Lots of graphs and charts make it easy for viewers to follow the statistics
- The narrator provides great examples for past and current population trends