This Defining Key Terms: Gender and Internal Identity lesson plan also includes:
Be a team player! Learners examine the article Team Players and discuss how the title might relate to identity. They then analyze the article using the sheets Reader’s Notes: Team Players and Text-Dependent Questions: Team Players. Readers then work to complete the Identity anchor chart and Sample Cultural Identifiers anchor chart and discuss where the article Team Players would fall on the two.
- Discuss the meaning of a team player and how being associated with a team may relate to identity
- Second lesson of 10 in Grade 7 ELA Module 2b, Unit 1
- Expects teachers to implement the lessons in order
- Includes a Close Reading Guide for teacher reference to aid with the text-dependent questions
- Offers ideas to help struggling pupils