This Deficits and Debts video also includes:
Should the escalating national debt be keeping you up at night with worry? Not necessarily, as explained by an entertaining video by Crash Course economics. Learn about the ways that a high GDP can contribute to the health of an economy more than a national debt can be detrimental.
- Bring in articles about the United States national debt for learners to analyze and compare
- Encourage pupils to design their own countries, as modeled in the first few minutes of the video, and have them track their country's economic progress or struggles in a role-play activity
- Consider pausing the video at key moments, such as the graphs, and discussing the data further
- The video was made in 2015, so the numbers reflect that year; the concepts are still applicable to any economic video
- Clarifies the difference between deficits and debts
- Helpful animations and graphics reinforce complex concepts