Some say that you can make statistics say whatever you want. It is important for learners to recognize these biases. Pupils learn about sample bias and the different types of samples.
19 Views 15 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Ask pupils to design a sampling strategy for each type of sample
- Challenge learners to find results of a survey in the media, and analyze the report for bias
- Lesson is designed around vocabulary and reading, which may cause difficulties for English learners
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Strong focus on vocabulary, and provides definitions with explanations and examples
- Practice problems only represent a portion of the lesson