This Data Distributions video also includes:
The shape of a data distribution can help shape one's understanding of the data. The second of five lessons in Algebra 1 Unit 4 focuses on data distributions. By watching a video, scholars learn about symmetric, bimodal, and skewed distributions. They then consider how the inclusion of an outlier will affect the mean, median, and standard deviation of a data set.
- Use the corrective assignment as homework
- Pupils should have basic familiarity with different types of data displays, including dot plots, histograms, and stem-and-leaf plots
- Experience with mean and median is necessary
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Worksheets include examples from the video so students can take notes
- Facilitators will appreciate the separate answer key