This Curious George: Sand and Soil lesson plan also includes:
Two sensory tables—wet and dry—allow scholars to use their sense of sight, touch, and smell to observe the changes when the dirt mixes with water. A short video relates the STEM learning experience to a fun video clip where Curious George tries to build a snowman in the summer.
- Keep wet and dry tables out for sensory opportune; changing contents related to a unit's theme
- Put tables outside to keep dirt and water from falling on your classroom floors
- Add more to the concept of seasons—outlining the differences between summer, fall, winter, and spring
- Plan ample time to gather supplies, set-up tables, and clean-up
- Includes extension opportunities
- Curious George adds to the lesson's fun