This COVID-19 and Coronaviruses ppt also includes:
COVID-19 = CO (corona) + VI (virus) + D (disease) =19 (the year the disease first appeared) NOVEL (unknown to scientists and never before infected human patients). A colorful nine-slide presentation details what is currently known about this deadly virus, its possible origins, and how it is spread.
- Use the presentation to introduce a study of the virus
- Have groups investigate new research and testing techniques
- The presentation was produced in 2020; therefore, some of the information may be dated
- The first of two lessons from the COVID-19 Science series
- Links to a teaching guide and a template for a KWL chart are attached
- Includes information about why handwashing is effective in preventing the spread of the virus