This Count of Monte Cristo: Concept/Vocabulary Analysis lesson plan also includes:
Explore the complex themes of Alexandre Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo with a concept and vocabulary analysis lesson plan. Lead your class in a discussion about the underlying social and historical issues surrounding the novel, as well as the ways that unfamiliar vocabulary can inform one's reading.
- Incorporate the themes and suggestions into your novel unit
- Tie the unit into an additional novel or story with the same themes
- Connect to a history lesson or class that is based on the same time period in France
- Show the film version of the book in your class, and have kids compare and contrast the effectiveness of each medium
- The lesson is written by a student teacher, and might need some enhancement for optimal use in your classroom
- Provides good discussion points and ideas about the main themes and literary devices