This Cost of Living assessment also includes:
Math scholars investigate the cost of living in Hong Kong compared to Chicago but must first convert the different types of currency. They then choose a type of graph to compare different spending categories and finish the activity by writing a conclusion to explain how the cost of living in each city compare.
- Use the data to review different types of single variable data graphs
- Incorporate graphing calculator technology to create graphs
- Learners need a strong understanding of single variable data
- Allows pupils to choose the type of graph to use, allowing for multiple solution pathways
- Uses an interesting real-life topic to motivate individuals
- Data is out of date and should be updated for relevancy