This Conflicting Voices of the Mexican War lesson plan also includes:
Americans wanted to fulfill Manifest Destiny, and this pattern continued with the Mexican War. The resource specifically teaches about the Mexican War through a variety of exercises including a research project, group work, brainstorming sessions, and a presentation to the class.
- Instead of taking learners to the library, take them to the computer lab to do Internet research instead
- If time does not permit for each pair to present their interview in class, task them with recording their interview instead
- Scholars need some basic research skills to complete their projects
- Creates an environment where pupils put themselves into the people experiencing the Mexican War and therefore become better able to understand and remember it
- Teaches high schoolers to look at both view points in a situation
- Builds on valuable research and cooperative skills