This Comprehensive English Examination: June 2011 assessment also includes:
Get those pencils sharpened—it's time to see what the class knows! Using the resource, scholars complete a four-part English examination. They read passages and respond to multiple-choice comprehension questions. They also complete two short-response questions and write critical essays about the text.
- Provide graphic organizers for brainstorming and outlining
- Prior to testing, give a mini-lesson on crafting a thesis statement
- Remember to print the teacher dictation resource
- Provides a scoring key and rating guide
- Includes a variety of texts, including fiction, nonfiction, and poetry