This Comprehensive English Examination: January 2011 assessment also includes:
Scholars read an excerpt from the short story "The Bonfire" by Kunikida Doppo as well as a nonfiction passage about handcycling. Next, they answer comprehension-based multiple-choice questions. Additionally, they respond to short-answer prompts and write critical essays focusing on any two works of literature they have read.
- Prepare pupils for the test by modeling think-alouds based on a variety of texts
- Discuss skills for test-taking success
- Print the English Essay Booklet and distribute to all students
- Includes poetry, nonfiction, and fiction reading passages
- Provides a rating guide and scoring key