This Community Arts Showcase activity & project also includes:
An art showcase encourages class members to explore the themes of social justice and tolerance. They create an original artwork, engage in group discussions, and journal writing. The art gallery also provides a chance for families and the community to participate in the discussion of social issues as well.
- Pair learners with art students to create collaborative pieces
- Have the art teacher instruct students on basic art techniques
- Instructor must arrange a location within the school or community to host the art showcase
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The lesson is project-based, which creates self-learning opportunities
- Resource is adaptable to multiple grade levels and abilities