Help nonverbal individuals navigate a very verbal world with a helpful communication board. After they fill in their name to introduce themselves to others, learners can point to written responses to yes or no questions, as well as to ask for clarification. The page provides tips for others to communicate effectively.
- Laminate for learners to use in various contexts
- Encourage class members to practice pointing to the various responses in a one-on-one setting with a teacher, aide, or parent
- Resource is in color, and may not be as effective if printed in black and white
- Designed for adults with autism, but helpful for any learner with limited verbal communication
- A valuable tool for those who have trouble making their needs known
- Useful for employment settings, new classrooms, caregivers, and medical situations
- Does not provide instructions or tips for use