This Collage of Concerns activity also includes:
A picture can speak louder than words. An interesting lesson introduces the themes of social justice and diversity to young learners by having them create artwork. Scholars create collages from a variety of sources to showcase what diversity or other social themes mean to them. They also discuss the process and creation of their collages in group discussion and journal entries.
- Have pupils create an original work of art that ties together the themes in the collage
- Arrange for a local artist to speak to the class about different forms of art
- Educators need to collect magazines, newspapers, and other items to create the collages
- Project allows students to express ideas with images
- Resource provides a chance for families to participate in the learning process