Fort Sumter is a lasting emblem of the duration of the Civil War, and the American flag on its pole is a symbol of the Union's hard-fought victory. A short, informative video takes learners through the military strategies of the battle, as well as its firm placement in Confederate hands until Sherman's troops were on their way.
- Supply learners with a graphic organizer to note key terms, historical figures, and important events from the video
- Organize a trip to Fort Sumter if it's close to your school
- Video is nearly eight minutes long; consider pausing once or twice if showing during class to address questions and clarify details
- Comment section is open to the public
- Provides details of the battle with maps
- Includes a brief explanation of the cause of the Civil War
- Does not include the same map animations or reenactments as the other resources in the playlist, and therefore isn't as engaging