This Citing Evidence and Building Vocabulary: “The Exterminator” lesson plan also includes:
It is an out-of-body experience. Scholars take a look at the sidebars outside the body of the text in The Exterminator. They discuss the purpose of this type of text feature and work to determine the gist. Learners write unfamiliar scientific terminology on sticky notes and use dictionaries to identify their meanings before discussing which words were also found in Frightful's Mountain.
- Create a list of pros and cons of using pesticides
- Lesson four of 13 in Grade 6 ELA Module 4, Unit 1
- Must complete lessons in order
- Uses dictionaries and sticky notes
- Includes a list of words that pupils will likely find difficult
- Connects ideas across text