Come full circle in learning about conic sections. Learners first look at the type of conic section formed when concentric circles intersect a standard coordinate plane. They then see which type forms when two sets of concentric circles intersect.
- Use the task as an extension activity
- Pupils should be familiar with the characteristics of conic sections
- Scholars must be able to recognize equations for parabolas, ellipses, and hyperbolas
- Diagrams are easy to interpret
- Provides a solution key with explanations