Teaching chemical equations can be quite a balancing act! Bolster your class' balancing abilities using a video from a helpful chemistry playlist. The resource explains the theory behind balancing, then shows viewers how to accomplish it using the inspection method.
- Have the class work each of the five examples as the video plays
- Follow up with a video from the same series that shows the algebraic method of balancing equations
- Pupils should be comfortable writing chemical equations before attempting to balance them
- Resource uses the details of the reaction shown in the equation to help viewers grasp the necessity of balancing
- The explanations are perfect for beginning chemistry students