Kindergartners and first graders create a chain of word cards with this fun activity. Participants read the word on the right side of a card, and match the word to the corresponding picture on the left side of another card. They continue matching words with images until they reach the smiley face at the end of the chain.
- Send the cards home for extra practice
- Keep a laminated set of cards in a reading center or language arts game shelf
- Use during a substitute teacher day
- The lesson is designed for learners with dyslexia, but it would be helpful for mainstream classes as well
- Also designed as a phonics exercises
- Comes with instruction tips
- Provides two ways to distribute the cards