This Cells as Molecular Factories activity & project also includes:
Cells are both made of molecules and make molecules all at the same time! An exploratory lesson provides a means for scholars to research the components of cells made of molecules and also investigate the molecule-producing power of cells. Pupils pay special attention to how the parts of the cell work together to accomplish various functions.
- Create a lesson presentation from the review materials in the lesson
- Have pairs complete the student handout independently, researching anything they don't know
- It is important for learners to have a solid understanding of the components of DNA and the function of cell organelles prior to the lesson
- Includes questioning strategies in the teacher's guide
- Provides options for additional resources on the topic