This Cancer and Cell Fate in the Intestinal Epithelium instructional video also includes:
What happens when intestinal epithelia receive the wrong directions during differentiation? Discover how tumors form in the intestinal lining using a narrated video. The resource shows both normal and cancerous growth using specially pigmented mouse epithelial cells.
- Before showing the video, have the class complete a Click and Learn about the cell cycle and cancer
- Ask students to describe other ways the function of the intestinal lining would be affected by unregulated cell growth
- Pupils should be familiar with the digestive systems and the function of the small intestine prior to watching
- Labeled animation makes it easy for viewers to keep track of specific areas of the intestinal lining as it changes
- Related materials are a click away at the bottom of the page