Do your young scientists love a good brain teaser? A video from an extensive physics playlist introduces a creative way to work those critical thinking skills. Watch as the host works through the scenarios that involve logic, statistics, and language skills.
- Pause the video when instructed and give the class some time to solve the riddles
- Work through solutions with pupils on the board to help them visualize the strategizing process
- The guest makes a strongly worded exclamation when showing the solution to one of the puzzles; be mindful of this when showing the video
- Consider jotting down the conditions for each riddle on the board so learners can keep track of them as they try to solve them
- The narrator and her guest talk through a number of strategies, giving viewers a great example of reasoning
- Riddles are challenging and engaging