This Calculus AB/BC - Using the First Derivative Test to Determine Relative Local Extrema ap test prep also includes:
Critically apply intervals of increasing and decreasing. Pupils watch a video to see how finding a critical point and finding intervals of increasing and decreasing work together to identify local extrema. Scholars use the first derivative test to determine whether a critical point is either a maximum or minimum. They then use the included problems to practice their skills.
- Provide a couple more examples that the derivative does not change sign at a critical point
- Assumes individuals can find derivatives including using the chain rule
- Fourth segment in a 14-part Analytical Applications unit
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Shows the steps in taking derivatives, but does it quickly as this is a previously learned skill
- Contains answer keys