This Calculus AB/BC - Using the Candidates Test to Determine Absolute (Global) Extrema ap test prep also includes:
Absolutely! Find the global maximum and minimums. Pupils watch a video showing how to find the absolute maximums and minimums of a function on an interval by testing critical points. The learners see how to determine whether a critical point is an absolute extrema by evaluating the function at those points. To finish, they use the practice problems provided to gain mastery on the topic.
- Lead a detailed discussion with graphs of the function and its derivative to show how to find absolute extrema using graphs of the derivatives
- Assumes individuals know how to take derivatives of a variety of functions
- Fifth part in a 14-installment Analytical Applications series
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Shows a calculator function to help calculate the values quickly
- Provides test prep questions for practice