This Calculating Areas of Sectors and Segments: Lesson video also includes:
Find a slice of pi. The presentation talks through the process of finding the area of sectors and segments of circles. While working examples, the installment of an extensive geometry playlist uses the process to show the formulas for finding both areas.
- Develop detailed definitions of sectors and segments as they relate to circles
- Assumes individuals know how to calculate the area of circles and triangles
- Pupils should know the ratio of side lengths for special right triangles
- Contains a link to more area resources working with sectors and segments
- Shows the algebraic steps in solving examples
- Makes a small mistake by leaving off pi when mentioning the area of the sector in the last example