This Cache: Lesson Plan 4 - Grades 4-5 lesson plan also includes:
After viewing the West of the West's documentary Cache, individuals craft either a newspaper article chronicling the discovery of the cache on San Nicolas Island, a historical narrative of the placement of the cache in the cliff side, or a narrative that describes the migration of artifacts from Alaska to San Nicolas Island.
- Post a relationship map that identifies the characters in the documentary and their field of study
- Class members need to have studied the conventions of narrative and/or informative writing
- The video does not address the controversy that ensued over the removal of the artifacts
- The seven-page packet includes a brief plan, discussion questions, a vocabulary worksheet, images, three option for the writing activity, and a template for the writing project
- No scaffolding is provided for the assignment nor is a rubric included