Need to demonstrate buoyancy to your class? Rise to the occasion with a video from Veritasium! The narrator demonstrates how a golf ball behaves in dish detergent and saltwater, then adds the detergent to the saltwater for a surprising ending.
3 Views 7 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have the class divide into groups based on what they think will happen when someone adds detergent to saltwater, then develop an explanation for their answers together
- Use the link provided to show pupils the outcome of the demonstration
- Make sure learners understand density and buoyant force before watching the video
- The resource zooms in to give a better view of the phenomenon in the cylinder
- Viewers can make their predictions before following a link to an explanation of what is happening