This Bugs and Buttons 2 app also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Playing with bugs and buttons has never been so much fun! Offering a variety of different activities, this is a great resource for developing basic skills in preschool and kindergarten-aged children.
This collection of 18 interactive games provides children practice with sorting, counting, learning the alphabet, and identifying colors and shapes, all while developing their fine motor skills. Each activity gets harder the longer the user plays, providing insect stamps as rewards for completing the tasks. Decide to play the through the games in a predetermined order, or pick and choose from the lengthy list of options. This is an excellent resource that is bound to excite, engage, and educate young learners!
- Button Repair: Match the broken button pieces together to repair them
- Flashlight Find: Shine a flashlight on the bugs as they try to carry away the buttons
- Bubble Float: Keep the bubble from popping as it floats through the air
- Sort Factory: Move the different buttons into their designated containers
- Picnic Invader: Tap the insects to stop them from taking the food
- Button Count: Count the number of buttons in a group
- Ant Herd: Move the objects out of the way as the ant herd crawls through the house
- Oddball: Find the button that does not fit with the rest
- Music Match: Repeat the notes played on the keyboard
- Pond Jumper: Use a lily pad to bounce buttons and insects across the pond
- Button Match: Match buttons to words describing their color and shape
- RC Racer: Steer the RC car down the path, avoiding the other cars and obstacles
- Letter Tank: Identify the missing letter in five letter sequences
- Guess What?: Identify the letters and numbers traced in the pond
- Puppet Show: Play Simon says by tapping specific body parts and items of clothing on a puppet
- Defender: Protect the bugs from falling buttons and acorns
- Number Garden: Guide the bumble bee from flower to flower, going in numerical order
- Bug Crossing: Guide the cricket through the woods and across streams, avoiding the other bugs
Activities support children with learning a variety of basic skills while developing their fine motor skills.
A wide range of activities are included that can be replayed again and again.
Colorful graphics and the ability to earn prizes thoroughly engages users.
Clear, easy-to-follow, visual instructions are provided for each activity.
Does not include third-party ads or access to social media.
Allows for the creation of individual user accounts.
How techie do I need to be?
- Provide this as a supplemental resource during a unit on insects, discussing the different bugs they see in the activities
- Incorporate buttons into math and art lessons to make connections with the activities in this app
- Read Corduroy by Don Freeman to engage children in button-related activities before presenting this resource to the class
- Offer this application during small group rotations or free-choice time in early elementary classrooms
Though instructions for each activity are provided, young children will need to see a demonstration of the app before they are comfortable enough to use the app on their own.
- Beautiful, vivid graphics capture the engagement of the user
- Allows for multiple user profiles on a single device
- Provides visual instructions for completing each activity
- Includes no third-party advertisements or access to social media
- Some of the included activities do not have academic learning objectives