Pour a solid foundation of engineering into the minds of future engineers. Scholars take part in three activities to learn about civil engineering. They build a model of a cable-stayed bridge, conduct an experiment to see the effects of liquidation after an earthquake, and design a paper structure strong enough to hold up a textbook.
- Have a contest to see which group's bridge holds the most weight
- Requires building materials, such as PVC poles, for some of the activities
- It is helpful if learners have a basic understanding of force
- Provides definitions of relevant terminology
- Includes detailed instructions with pictures and diagrams