This Bricks for Books assessment also includes:
Maximize a profit with an understanding of geometric dimension. A real-world task challenges learners to design a pattern using three different brick shapes. The bricks are dedicated with a different donation for each shape, so part of the task is to find the pattern with the greatest donation value.
- Provide manipulatives to use as concrete representations of the pattern
- Challenge groups to create the pattern that produces the largest amount of donations
- Assumes students know how to find the area of quadrilaterals and right triangles
- Includes a sample solution with a scoring rubric
- Allows for multiple solution methods