This Bouncing Balls activity also includes:
How high will it bounce? Groups determine the height different balls bounce off of different surfaces. By performing the necessary calculations, they determine the initial and final momentum of the balls. The included worksheet provides questions for the individuals to explain their results in terms of the Law of Conservation of Momentum.
- Work through some examples using kinematics equations as a class
- Have groups brainstorm what the difference might be if the balls were dropped on different surfaces
- Requires locations in which groups can bounce balls and not disturb other groups
- Includes questions to ask as part of assessments before, during, and after the activity
- The answer sheet contains sample answers and shows the calculations for some
- The formulas in the introduction do not display correctly; the exponents do not appear as exponents