Build a connection between algebraic sequences and spreadsheets. Learners examine a specific folding pattern and convert the pattern into a spreadsheet. The goal of the spreadsheet is to produce a sequence of a specific pattern modeled in the folding pattern. By doing so, individuals build their understanding of patterns and multiple means of representing those patterns.
- Give different groups different patterns to write; then share with other groups
- Have early finishers create additional sequences for the same patterns
- Expects a strong understanding of algebraic sequences
- Provides a sample answer with explanations
- Offers an open-ended task with multiple solutions