This Biomimicry and Sustainable Design - Nature is an Engineering Marvel lesson plan also includes:
Discover how copying nature can be beneficial to humans. Scholars read articles about examples of biomimicry and its potential applications. Along the way, they learn about Nature's Nine Laws and how they relate to biomimicry. This is the seventh installment of the series of nine.
- Have each group read a different article and present findings to the rest of the class
- Be sure to use the two associated activities for this lesson
- If Internet access is not available, print out the articles before class and distribute copies
- Includes a test of Sonoran Ecology to give students if you wish
- Provides direct web links to articles and additional information