This Binder Clips: Large, Medium, Small activity & project also includes:
Ever wondered how many pieces of paper a binder clip can hold? Viewers of a short video are about to find out! Given measurement data for three different sized binder clips, learners must develop a method for figuring out how many pieces of paper each one holds. A typical solution method would involve ratios and proportions.
- Instead of using the pictures, ask your classes to take their own measurements for each clip; compare measurements as a class
- Test each group's answers with stacks of paper
- Review ratios and proportions prior to the lesson
- Offers additional questions to use as an extension for the whole class or for early finishers
- Provides a simple application of ratios and proportions in the real world