This Benjamin Franklin: Writer, Inventor, and Founding Father lesson plan also includes:
Imagine being a writer, inventor, businessman, and the founding father of an entire nation! Pupils analyze the life and activities of Benjamin Franklin. Primary documents, videos, and paintings open up the world of Franklin to young historians. To finish, they create a 21st Century Facebook page of one of the nation's leading men.
- Brainstorm prior to the lesson what the students already know about Benjamin Franklin's life and personal interests
- View a $100 bill and create a list of potential reasons Franklin is included on that particular currency when compared to others
- Takes 40 minutes to implement lesson; plan time accordingly
- Resource contains printable materials for use in the classroom
- Includes video questions to use during viewing