This Awesometh Degree of a Function lesson plan also includes:
Build up a polynomial. Learners use printed cards to create polynomials. Using a graphing utility, pupils make comparisons between the polynomials they built. To further cement the concept, they build upon their algebraic vocabulary as they describe their polynomial graphs.
- Have individuals mark the critical points on their graphs
- Lead a discussion about terms and types of polynomials
- Assumes the class is familiar with graphing equations using technology
- Provides a PowerPoint to guide the lesson
- Includes links to descriptions on the instructional practices the resource uses