This Autism Awareness activity & project also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
Planning activities for Autism Awareness Month? Check out the ideas in a packet designed to raise awareness of autism. Suggestions include plans for an assembly to launch a school-wide focus, lesson plans for classroom activities, and tips for teachers.
- Reverse the order of the introductory activity; before starting the music explain to class members that the activity is designed to let them experience how many autistic people feel in a classroom trying to do a task
- Laminate the instruction cards to permit reuse
- Designed for Autism Awareness Week, the activities are appropriate for individual classrooms or whole-school month-long celebrations
- The nine-page packet includes an introductory activity, two lesson plans, an information sheet for teachers, and tips for helping autistic students to learn