This At the Top: A Bald Eagle's Diet lesson plan also includes:
Bald eagles are opportunistic predators and eat fish as well as raccoons and other mammals. Pupils learn about bald eagle diets through a simple simulation and videos. They collect and analyze data to understand the adaptability of this species.
8 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Designed
- Invite someone from a wildlife rescue to speak to the class
- Graph the number of bald eagles in a specific area over time
- Relies on prior knowledge of bar graphs, predator-prey relationships, food chains, and averaging numbers
- Uses only basic materials
- Provides background references