This Artists Document World War I interactive also includes:
Drawings may be worth even more than a thousand words. Curious scholars query an artist's rendering of troops leaving a ship after they have arrived in Europe to fight in World War I. By zooming in and looking at the entire piece, class members ponder the details of the work. Discussion questions guide their thinking, with responses emailed to the teacher or shared aloud.
- Use the activity to discuss lives of soldiers during World War I
- Offer image analysis as an exit ticket on a lesson World War I
- Learners need computer access to fully engage in the activity
- Zooming in feature of activity helps pupils develop attention to detail
- Lesson is flexible and easy to integrate into a variety of instructional plans