This Artificial Selection lesson plan also includes:
The second lesson in the series begins with a starter activity discussing wild versus domesticated animals. Then, scholars play a card game, with optional variations, to emphasize artificial selection. Next, they attend a field trip to a farm, natural history museum, and animal sanctuary. Finally, a research project summarizes knowledge and rounds out the lesson.
- Ask a breeder of animals or plants to speak to the class at the end of the lesson
- Create or buy the Rabbit Top trumps game before the lesson
- Be aware of any allergies
- Includes differentiation ideas
- Provides a discussion of correlation versus causation
- Offers a list of videos, links, and references for supplemental information