Bombarded by the loud, the flashy, the larger-than-life glamorous, class members are asked to consider the beauty and value in everyday events through a video about Johannes Vermeer. Part of the "Art/Architecture" playlist, the episode examines the life and works of the now famous Dutch painter.
- Flip the lesson asking class member to view the video, take a photo of a scene they feel captures the beauty and glamour of an often overlooked moment, before returning and sharing their image with the class
- Have class members critique the video in terms of Vermeer's philosophy
- Most appropriate for an art/art history classes
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Vermeer's ideas of finding beauty in simple, everyday scenes are reflected in the video itself