Area is a two-dimensional measurement for a two-dimensional figure. The introduction of area expands on the idea of the one-dimensional measurement of length, but instead of staying one-dimensional, it goes in two directions. The video introduces the area formula for rectangles and explains the formula for triangles.
- Lead a discussion on why the formula for area of a triangle works even if it is not half of a rectangle
- For higher level grades, supply problems where the area is known but the class must figure out a missing measurement
- The class should be comfortable with multiplication
- Provides a graphical explanation of the area of a triangle
- The last part of the resource is a review of what the narrator presented