Sometimes close enough is appropriate. A curriculum document for AP® Calculus examines the importance of providing approximation questions throughout the course. It looks at approximating derivative values, approximating definite integrals through Riemann sums, approximating solutions to differential equations, and approximating sums of series.
- Use the resource to help set up a professional development session with AP® Calculus teachers
- Each section has its own prerequisites; consult the PDF to see if learners have the required knowledge for each topic
- Note that the resource includes topics for both AP® Calculus AB and AP® Calculus BC
- Gives relevant AP® questions and commentary on their solutions
- Some sections include problems for scholars to attempt on their own