This Anti-Bullying Lesson Plan activity & project also includes:
Wicked is not just a Tony Award winning broadway musical. It also makes for a strong base to teach character education, specifically anti-bullying. Scholars listen, discuss, role play, and show what they know through a group presentation of their new-found knowledge.
- Download the musical's soundtrack to listen to while working, or as a brain break
- Print slides for learners to follow along, highlight key details, and writes notes
- Give groups the choice of how they wish to present information to their peers—slide show, poster, etc.
- If you decide to print the document, pages look best in color
- Schedule time in the computer lab or on mobile learning devices for pupils to work on their presentation
- The lesson allows for an open dialogue and critical thinking
- The musical correlation enhances engagement