How does someone develop an eating disorder? Explore the link between health and body image with a video from a larger biology series. Content includes the symptoms and effects of eating disorders, reasons that eating disorders go untreated, and the fatal aspects of the illness.
- Pause the video as directed to allow pupils to discuss eating disorders
- Have the class get in depth with anorexia by reading about one teen's struggle on the WebMD website
- Preface the topic by briefly discussing the physical and mental aspects of eating disorders
- Presents the topic in a clear, unbiased manner
- Statistics given in the video help viewers understand the scope of the illness and those most likely to suffer from it