This Ancient Rome’s Most Notorious Doctor video also includes:
Though less famous today than Galen of Pergamon or even Dr. Frankenstein, Andreas Vesalius is revered for his discoveries that revolutionized anatomy textbooks. A short video introduces viewers to this physician who challenged Galen's Theory of the Four Humours. The video reminds viewers that science is an ever-evolving process that should "place evidence above ego."
- Use to introduce a unit study of anatomy
- Have groups research recent discoveries that have challenged traditional scientific thinking
- The discussion portion takes participants to an online forum
- The "Dig Deeper" section provides links to additional resources
- Offers a comprehension check