This Analyzing McCulloch v. Maryland lesson plan also includes:
What happened in the Supreme Court case of McCulloch v. Maryland? The resource teaches the specifics of the case with a video and provided discussion questions covering issues such as precedent and the Supreme Court as an equal branch of the government. Pupils also engage in a class activity where they work in groups to contrast and present news stories.
- Teach the lesson in a unit on Supreme Court cases
- Flip the class by assigning some of the discussion questions as homework
- Requires some prep work, including printing handouts on different-colored paper, coming up with prompts, and predetermining scholar groups if applicable
- Provides a guide for answering questions from the video
- Includes an idea for homework to help check for comprehension